Sunday, September 30, 2012

Féerie Rose des Neiges

I wrote about celebrity scents a while back and decided it was time I got myself a new one with the birthday money I got. This time I didn't venture to the celebrity scent isle. Instead I decided to do a "blind buy" based on fragrantica.com suggestions. I wanted something rosy, but not too little girly or grandma-ish, and I wanted something that I could use this fall and winter. I chose the notes on fragrantica note search and bought this through Amazon.co.uk for £14 + shipping:


Van Cleef & Arpels' Féerie Rose des Neiges

I wasn't disappointed, it was exactly what I hoped for. A sweet rosy scent without being too sweet or too rosy :) Fragrantica describes the scent, which was launched last year: "Feerie Rose des Neiges is a clean, pure and delicate fragrance of floral - fruity composition. Top notes of pink pepper and litchi bring icy freshness, while the heart of rose and magnolia provides refinement. The final trail consists of cedar wood and tonka bean.", which is pretty much accurate. Although I don't normally buy scents without trying, this blind buy was a success!

Have you bought scents without trying? Was the scent what you hoped for?

2 comments:

Sofia said...

Olen usein ostanut Burberryn tuoksuja kokeilematta, varsinkin kun kentällä on kiirettä ja pitää äkkiä saada tuoksu mukaan. Aina on tärpännyt, enkä ole koskaan pettynyt. Mutta olen muutenkin Burberry tyttö!

Sugar said...

Tuo on kylla hyva pointti, etta jos on tuttu designer, niin yleensa ei pety :)