Monday, April 2, 2012

P*ssed off country chick music

Last night was the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, did you guys watch it?
It might or might not come as a surprise that I kinda love country music :) I might not want to be associated with the political agendas of some country musicians, but I still love the tunes! I'm especially fond of the "p*ssed off country chick music" as I heard someone put it :) I enjoy listening to the likes of Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Here are some of my favorites:

Miranda Lambert: White Liar


Miranda Lambert: Baggage Claim


Miranda Lambert: Gunpowder and Lead


Carrie Underwood: Before He Cheats


Carrie Underwood: Cowboy Casanova


The JaneDear Girls: Wildflower


Besides country, I love classic rock and actually all sorts of other genres. I'm a huge metalhead too; I'm super excited to go to Tuska Open Air Metal Festival in Helsinki this summer! Tuska has been on my summer to-do list for ages and I've gone almost every summer I've been in Finland.

What do you guys think of the tunes I posted? Anyone else going to Tuska? :)

2 comments:

Eveliina said...

Mä tykkään myös tosi paljon country-musasta, siitä tulee jotenkin ihanan kotoinen fiilis. Klassinen rokki on myös mun makuun, mutta tuska-bändeistä aika harva, joten Tuskassa ei ole tullut koskaan käytyä... tosin ei kyllä millään muullakaan Suomen kesäfestareilla kuin Pori Jazzeilla :D Tuskaan nyt voisi kyllä mennäkin kun sieltäkin pääsisi kotiin nukkumaan.

Sugar said...

Sama juttu, country on jotenkin leppoisan kotoista :) Olen tainnut kiertaa melkein kaikki suuremmat kesafestarit Suomessa jossain vaiheessa ja muutaman ulkomaillakin, mutta nykyisin olen niin mukavuudenhaluinen, etten enaa lahde telttailufestareille hih. Tuska on kivasti Helsingissa, niin sinne siis! :)